Lee County Ordinance 13-19 requires towing permits for wrecker businesses, wrecker drivers and the immobilization of vehicles. The following steps are required:
Wrecker Operator Permit, Private Property Tow Permit, and Immobilization Permit
Tow Driver Registration Procedure: Click Here
- Complete a Tow Driver Application; you should receive an email with a PDF copy of your application to print.
- Please print the following form before proceeding FINGERPRINT WAIVER
- Form above must be faxed to 239-477-1118 or scanned & emailed to LCSOTowingApplication@sheriffleefl.org
- You will need to take the printed copy of your application to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Main Headquarters in order to have your fingerprints scanned.
- IF YOU HAVE HAD FINGERPRINTS SCANNED AND A BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE THE FINGERPRINT PROCESS. PLEASE ENSURE TO ADD THE APPROXIMATE DATE OF THE PRIOR BACKGROUND CHECK ON YOUR APPLICATION IN STEP TWO OF THE PROCESS
- PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FORM NARRATIVE CAREFULLY TO ENSURE A SMOOTH PROCESS
- Fingerprints can be completed Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM
- The cost for fingerprints is $5:00 (EXACT CHANGE PLEASE, NO CHANGE PROVIDED)
- Upon completion of the fingerprint scan you will be supplied with a printed card of the collected prints. This card is for YOUR records only! In the upper left hand corner of the card you will see a TCIN number, this number is your unique identifier which will allow you to pay for the background check online.
- Payment Website: https://caps.fdle.state.fl.us/caps/homePage.jsf (PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR WEBSITE)
- Payments MUST be made online within 30 days of the scan, failure to comply will result in the original scan being purged and fingerprints will have to be re-scanned.
- The background check WILL NOT be processed by FDLE and The FBI until the fee is paid by either the company or applicant. Please read the instructions below to ensure the website works properly!
- ** FIRST, MIDDLE, AND LAST NAME MUST BE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS EXACTLY AS IT IS ON YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE. THE DATA COMES FROM A SWIPE/SCAN OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE, IF IT IS NOT IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS OR DOES NOT MATCH THE LICENSE EXACTLY YOU WILL RECEIVE A NAME ISSUE ERROR**
- **MAKE SURE THE TCN NUMBER IS ENTERED CORRECTLY, IF THE TCN NUMBER IS ENTERED INCORRECTLY IT WILL NOT FIND YOUR RECORD IN THE SYSTEM AND YOU WILL RECEIVE AND INCORRECT NUMBER ISSUE.**
Wrecker Business Permit
Complete Tow Business Permit Application; you should receive an email as confirmation
- Submit a copy of county business license, insurance coverage and corporation license to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit noting attention to the Towing Coordinator. (Can Be Mailed or faxed to 239-477-1118)
- Once documents are reviewed and approved you will receive a phone call with further instructions on paying the business permit fee and issuance of permit
- Permit fee is $25.00 and can be paid cash, money order or business check. No personal checks or credit cards accepted.
- Note, ANY person that will be responding to any call for service listed in the county ordinance will be required to have a permit. Failure to comply may result in the company being turned away and the next on rotation being called.
Note any business owner will be required to submit for a wrecker driver permit if planning to show up on scene or operate a wrecker.Tow Business Permit Application