COMMUNITY OUTREACH INITIATIVE
- Sheriff Carmine Marceno has placed an emphasis on working closely with community members, with quickly sharing crime/safety information and with making access to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office easier and more convenient.
- Through the newly-established Community Response Unit, assigned staff officers establish relationships with members of local homeowners associations, community representatives and neighborhood designees to help identify and address community needs and challenges.
- Two community outreach centers have been established…one at Miromar Outlets, one at Bell Tower.
- Community patrols are increased when and where needed.
- The LCSO Community Response Unit additionally provides crime prevention education, training and partnerships.
- Active Shooter training
- Residential security education
- Personal safety courses
- Self-defense classes for women
- Fraud, scams and identification theft education
- Driver safety programs
- BizWatch – a partnership between Lee County businesses and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office teaching participants how to improve security measures, explaining the importance of quickly reporting suspicious activity and establishing communication regarding crime trends and relevant security information.