Lee County Sheriff's Office Press Release: Warrant Executed, Anthony "Tony" Cole Arrested While Out on Bond
September 30, 2019
On September 27, 2019, Anthony “Tony” Cole (DOB 3/23/71) was arrested for trafficking illegal narcotics. Cole was out on bond at the time of this arrest.
Cole was arrested on May 8, 2019 as part of Operation Spring MAY-Hem. A search warrant was executed at his house and he was found with trafficking amounts of several types of narcotics. Cole was released on May 13, after posting $235,000 bond.
During the month of September, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit received information stating that Cole was still selling large amounts of illegal narcotics from his residence at 8219 Bartholomew Drive, North Fort Myers, Florida.
After a thorough investigation, detectives established probable cause to author a search warrant for Cole’s residence.
On Friday, September 27, 2019, the Lee County Sheriff's Office North District Patrol Unit assisted the Narcotics Unit with serving the search warrant. During the search, detectives located the following:
- 63.6 grams of Fentanyl
- 18 grams of Crack Cocaine
- 5.82 grams of Methamphetamine
- 2.29 grams of Marijuana
- .43 grams of MDMA
- 58 Controlled Substance pills to include Oxycotin, Oxycodone, Morphine, and Xanax.
At the conclusion of the investigation, Cole was arrested and charged with the following:
1. Trafficking in Fentanyl
2. Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Sell
3. Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Sell
4. Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Sell
5. Possession of a Controlled Substance (8 counts)
6. Owning / Renting a Structure to Traffic Illegal Drugs
“I don’t care what it takes or where we have to go,” stated Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno. “If you’re dealing drugs in Lee County, start to plan for a long vacation…behind bars!”