Corrections Clerk 1
Starting Salary: $24,622.00
Hours per Week: 40 (Full-time)
The primary responsibilities of the Corrections Clerk include
o Data entry for the intake (booking) and release of inmates
o Maintenance of hard copy files
o Logging receipts for documents and storage of inmate property
o Inspection and distribution of USPS mail for inmates
o Operate public video visitation
o Operate the control panels/rooms within the facilities
o Work reception desk(s) within the facilities to assist the public
o Answer incoming calls
o Corrections Clerks are required to sign a Two-Year Commitment contract. This contract states the applicant will commit to two years of service as a Corrections Clerk before becoming eligible for transfer to another position.
o The limited interaction Corrections Clerks have with inmates is always in the presence of a certified Corrections Officer.
o Expectations: Upon employment, Corrections Clerks will complete a 15-week field training process and final test for which a passing testing score must be achieved.
- Corrections Clerks are expected to display professional and courteous disposition daily, work well with others and maintain a good attendance record.
- Corrections Clerks are required to maintain a high level of accuracy of data entry.
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) training and certification are required with re-certification testing every 2 years.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training is mandatory. Training and re-certification will be provided.
- After successfully completing a one-year probationary period from employment date, a Corrections Clerk may be promoted to the status of Corrections Clerk II.
- Requirements for Advancement in Corrections Clerical Positions: above average annual evaluations; first-rate attendance; excellent communication skills; and continuous education/training in related field(s).
Desired Job Experience:
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the State of Florida Department of Education
None prior to being hired; see above for requirements.
Be a legal citizen/alien resident of the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Equal Opportunity Employer with Veteran's Preference.
***Please note the Human Resources Office will be closed on Monday September 5, 2016 in observance of Labor Day***
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Bend, lift (up to 15 lbs), reach
Sit, stand (for long periods of time)
This posting will close 2016-09-14