Phone: 239-477-1000
Emergency: 911
Facebook Twitter Instagram



Can a Deputy open my car if I have locked my keys inside?


Because of the potential for damage to vehicles, the Sheriff's Office does not open locked vehicles. A locksmith is your best alternative. Check the listing under "locksmith" in the yellow pages of your local telephone book. If you are a member of an automobile association such as AAA, there is often a lock-out service available through your membership.

If a child is locked inside the vehicle, call 911. The Sheriff's Office and the Fire Department will respond and will get the child out of the car.