All visitations for the Jail, Core and Community Program Units (CPU’s) are conducted through a video monitor. Each inmate will be allowed two (2) visitations per week for one (1) hour each. Up to two (2) visitors from the Inmate’s Authorized Visitation List will be allowed to visit with the inmate; children under one year of age will not be included in the count.
You Must Be an Approved Visitor
All inmates are giving a packet that contains an INMATE VISITATION LIST. The inmate can then place up to five (5) names of family members/friends that they want to visit with. Children under the age of one year DO NOT need to be placed on this list. They also do not count as one of the visitors. The inmate can only update their visitation list every four (4) months from the day they sign up. Any add-ons or removals constitutes as an update. Visitors on the list will be the only persons allowed to visit the inmate with the exception of Clergy, Attorney, and infants under the age of one year.
- No Visitation list is required the first seven (7) days of incarceration. After the first seven (7) days the inmate will need to submit their Inmate Visitation List in order to receive visitation.
- All inmates sign up for visitation on Sunday night for the following week. When the inmate picks a day and time they will notify you either by phone, written correspondence or you may call the Visitation Office at (239) 258-3773, to check when a visit has been scheduled for the current week.
- Our hours of operations are open Monday-Sunday 5:00am to 11:00pm.
Where Do You Go to Visit an Inmate?
All visits for inmates at the Lee County Corrections facilities (Main Jail, Core and CPU’s) are conducted at the Visitation facility located on the Ortiz site:
2501 Ortiz Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33905
When You Enter the Corrections Facility You Must:
- Arrive 15 minutes before the schedule visitation time.
- Visitors 16 years of age and older must present a Photo ID (Drivers license, Identification card, Passport, Military ID, or Prison ID).
- Have your name checked against the authorized visitation list.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult that is an authorized visitor; the child (children) must stay with the adult at all times.
- Abide by the Correction visitor regulations below.
- Visitors are not permitted to introduce cell phones, cigarettes, lighters, cameras, radios, record or tape players, gifts, purses, baby bags, water bottles, food or drinks, etc. into the visitation area. Any of these items thought to have been used during the visitation, will be subject to confiscation.
- A visitor may be searched at any time if there is reason to believe that they may be in possession of contraband.
- Visitors wearing attire that is too brief or revealing will not be permitted to visit.
- If an inmate is going to appear in court and you wish to bring him/her clothes for trial, you can have the inmate’s Attorney or Public Defender call the Court Operations Office at (239) 258-3400 to make the necessary arrangements. Arrangements with the Court Operations Unit will not be made directly with the family.
Violation of Visitation Rules
Visitors who fail to comply with the rules and regulations of the Visitation Facility will be escorted from the facility and denied the rest of the visitation. The visitor may be suspended form visitation or banned depending on the severity of the offense. A form will be completed and sent to the Facility Commander detailing the violation and the action taken. The decision for future visitation will be at the discretion of the Correction Bureau Commander and/or designee.
Clergy visits must be scheduled through the Chaplain's Office at 239-477-1772.
To make visitation less confusing, you may want look at the Corrections FAQs.