Sheriff's Senior Safety Seminars Return in 2018
Get your pencil out now and mark your calendar for the return of this year’s series of educational seminars designed to teach you how to protect yourself against scams, fraud and violence. The “2018 Senior Safety” presentations feature a variety of public safety topics including residential and vehicle burglary prevention, home repair fraud, internet safety, and much more.
You are invited to attend one event or all eight; however, due to limited seating you must reserve your spot by calling 239-561-9142. All seminars will take place at the United Healthcare Medicare Store located in the Daniels Crossing Shopping Center, 6900 Daniels Parkway, #23-C, Fort Myers.
- February 8th at 10:00 am – Scams & Card Skimmer – “Warning signs and what to do”
- March 8th at 10:00am – Social Security Benefits and Identity Theft – “Protecting yourself”
- April 12th at 10:00am – Get to Know the Lee County Sheriff’s Office – videos & more
- May 10th at 10:00am – House and Vehicle Burglary Prevention “How are you targeted”
- June 14th at 10:00am – Internet Safety – “Learn about online scams and computer safety”
- July 12th at 10:00am – Safety Away from Home – “Protecting yourself and your property”
- August 9th at 10:00am – Home Repair Fraud – “Learn how to check before work is done”
- September 13th at 10:00am – When Violence Breaks Out – “Do you know what to do?”