LCSO Invests in Women's Safety
May is the month when we celebrate our mother’s and the special women in our lives. What better way to honor these women than by safeguarding lives and property. The Lee County Sheriff’s Office offers many programs that provide information on how women can protect themselves, their children, grandchildren, homes and personal information. Here are just a few of the programs available from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office.
- SAFE Women and SAFE girls: A two-hour self-defense awareness class for women or girls that includes one-hour of safety information and one-hour of practical activities. For ages 13 – 100. $5 a person;
- Personal Safety: Tips on being safe at home, at work, in the neighborhood, at the store;
- Personal Safety for Mothers with Young Children: Tips on how to keep yourself and your children safe at home and away;
- Personal Safety for Persons with Limited Abilities: Personal safety tips for anyone living with limited abilities;
- Personal Safety for Healthcare Workers: Tips for healthcare agency workers that work in a healthcare setting such as a hospital or doctor’s office as well as those working at home or providing home care to others;
- Burglary Prevention: How to keep yourself from being a target of burglars;
- Internet Safety: Keep yourself safer online;
- Workplace Violence/Active Shooter: This program gives information on keeping safe in the workplace from employees, customers or an active shooter whether business, healthcare facility, or non-profit organization;
- ID Theft Prevention: Tips to keep your identity from being stolen. This topic has many applications for children/grandchildren, deceased, medical or business;
- Scams, Fraud, and Card Skimmers Oh My!: Tips to guard against scams and frauds including online romance scams, grandparents scam, IRS tax refund fraud, as well as recognizing card skimmers.