1. Trick-or-treat only at a trusted neighbors home and never go inside a stranger's house in order to get candy.
2. Dress like a ghoul or goblin, but stay safe. Make sure costumes and candy bags or pails are reflective. To avoid tripping, costumes should not drag on the ground and masks, hats, and shoes should be well-fitting.
3. If you plan to be driving during trick-or-treat hours, watch for children walking on roadways, medians, and curbs. Be sure to enter and exit driveways carefully.
4. Use well-marked routes to get to the candy. Always use the sidewalk, and do not cut across yards or use alleys. Wherever possible, cross the road at a crosswalk.
5. When in doubt, throw the candy out. Avoid candy that has loose wrappings, is completely unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade and not factory-wrapped. Small children should not be allowed hard candy, which could be a choking hazard.
6. If you encounter a suspicious person or activity while out trick or treating, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000.
We want everyone to BOO safe out there!
Share this page
Copy and past this code into your website.
<a href="http://www.sheriffleefl.org/crime_detail_T3_R140.php">Your Link Name</a>